Our employment support service can offer extensive advice and support for you as an employer.
This could include any or all of the points outlined below:[custom_list style=”list-1″]
- We will aim to fill any vacancy an employer has to offer
- Fully trained and qualified Employment Officer will work closely with you to match the right person to your vacancy
- We develop a unique support and advice package, tailored for both the individual worker and employer, and involving you at every stage
- Advice support and training are available on topics such as disability awareness, reasonable adjustments and meeting legal requirements such as the Disability Discrimination Act
- Funding is available towards a new employees training and development or to help retain an existing employee
Deaf2Work believes many businesses are missing out by not making their recruitment and workplaces accessible for Deaf and Hard of Hearing people. A large[message type=”info”]Myth alert: Deaf employees need a lot of attention, money and resources.[/message]
We are here to break down this preconception by providing simple solutions to get the best out of your Deaf employees. Our employment specialists possess the knowledge and expertise needed to support and drive your business forward within the diverse society we live in. One way of supporting a deaf staff member is through the JobCentre Plus bursary scheme called Access to Work.
Access to Work provides support for disabled workers by a bursary to cover the cost of communication support and specific equipment that maybe needed.